The British High Commissioner in South Africa, Nigel Casey, has provided more information to British travellers stuck in South Africa during the lockdown.
The British Consul General is engaging urgently with South African authorities and the airlines on a plan to return British travellers back home as soon as the 21-day lockdown comes to an end.
In the Western Cape, the Provincial Government has launched a hotline to help British travellers to find accommodation.
- Cape Town, Overberg and Winelands and West Coast – 082 554 2010
- Garden Route and Karoo - 082 972 2507
- Cape Town CBD - 021 487 6552
The National Department of Tourism has also launched a hotline to support stranded travellers. The number is 0860 868 747. For Consular emergencies, British travellers are asked to call +27 124217500.
Casey has asked all British travellers in the country to arrange safe accommodation for the duration of the lockdown and has given a list of accommodations.
- The Capital on the Park: 101 Katherine Street, Sandown +27104430000
- The Capital Menlyn Maine: 194 Bancor Avenue, Pretoria +27129425000
- The Capital on Bath: 72 Bath Avenue, Rosebank +27113400000
- The Capital Melrose: Corner Athol Oaklands and Kernick Avenue, Melrose North +27106012000
- The Capital Empire: 177 Empire Place, Sandhurst, Sandton +27119115000
- The Capital: 20 West Road South, Morningside, Sandton +27112909600
- Central reservations, the Capital Tel: +27112909700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Capital Pearls: 6 Lagoon Drive Umhlanga. +27319450000
- The Capital Mirage: 40 Chiappini Street, Cape Town. +27212005100
- Radisson Blu Waterfront: Beach Road, Granger Bay, Cape Town +27214413000
- The Bantry Bay Suite Hotel: 8 Alexander Rd, Bantry Bay, Cape Town +272143484