On April 24, 2019, aha Hotels and Lodges officially introduced the aha Retirement Programme, which offers discounts to South Africans over 60 visiting any of the aha destinations.
This exciting new programme means that senior citizens will now be eligible for substantial savings on aha rates. The aha Hotels & Lodges team takes great pride in treating senior citizens with a little extra touch of respect. At aha, we believe that seniors have every right to enjoy special benefits after retirement, and we’re very happy to be providing the benefit of preferential rates.
To qualify for their discount, seniors will be asked to produce their SA ID document when they make their booking, and they’ll just need to remember to bring along the same ID document at check-in.
Friends or family members can also book on their behalf, provided they produce the relevant person’s ID document, both when booking and when checking in.
aha Hotels & Lodges will be marketing the Retirement Programme through all our print, social media and digital channels, and we’ll encourage clients to book through the website.
Retirement Programme Ts and Cs
- For online bookings, a valid ID number must be inserted in the booking process for age verification
- The same ID must be presented upon check-in
- Upon presentation of the ID at check in, if it is found that the booker is 59 years and younger, the property will charge the guest the best available rate available that is published on the day of check in
- The Pensioners’ Discount is only applicable for persons 60 years and older. For a senior couple travelling and booking on senior rate, at least one must qualify to book one room. Any other accompanying travellers 59 years and younger would not qualify for this rate and must be booked separately
- Third parties can book on behalf of their parents/grandparents using details as they appear on the ID document
- This discount is not applicable to groups
- Once accommodation is booked, it may not be transferred to another guest
- Dates and rates are subject to availability and cannot be amended
- Non-refundable, full pre-payment is required at the time of booking
- Inclusions/meal plans specified per property
- Rate is VAT inclusive, excludes tourism levy and applicable levies at lodges and all additional services not specified
- This discount only applies to new bookings. Existing bookings may not be amended to the discounted rate
- Only applicable to South African residents
For any queries, please contact aha Hotels & Lodges Head Office.