SAA has extended cancellations on its Johannesburg-Blantyre service to include Wednesday, due to the implementation of corrective action following audit findings at Chileka International Airport.
This follows the previous two cancellations to Blantyre on Saturday (January 19) and Monday (January 21).
Flight SA172 from Johannesburg to Blantyre, and return flight SA173 from Blantyre to Johannesburg, Wednesday, January 23, are now affected.
The carrier has arranged for customers to be rerouted between Johannesburg and Lilongwe from January 19-26. Flight SA170 departs from Johannesburg to Lilongwe, and SA171 flies from Lilongwe to Johannesburg.
Customers are advised of the following rebooking conditions:
- SAA will rebook affected passengers ono the operation between Johannesburg and Lilongwe, where applicable
- Re-accommodation of reservations has been made by SAA on to the closest available flight between Johannesburg and Lilongwe.
- Change of cabin will not be permitted.
- Change fees will be waived
- Tickets must be re-issued on/before January 26. The booking owner may re-issue the ticket.
- Tickets to be endorsed ‘INVOL Re-route due SA (flight nr) CXD/Date’.
- Customers who do not want to travel to Lilongwe can request a full refund of the unused portion/ticket.
“We are encouraged by the level of commitment and urgency displayed by the authorities in working towards resolving the situation as speedily as possible. We apologise to our passengers and customers for the inconvenience caused by these cancellations,” said SAA spokesperson, Tlali Tlali.