Maintenance at Blantyre’s Chileka International Airport will continue to affect SAA’s operations until October 31. The airline had originally thought maintenance would be complete by July 23.
SAA customers will travel between Johannesburg and Lilongwe on an SAA-operated aircraft, and then between Lilongwe and Blantyre on an Ethiopian Airlines flight, from August 31 to October 31. SAA spokesperson, Tlali Tlali, says this is an interim solution.
The two airlines share a partnership that will allow seamless connections between the two carriers.
All pax who have not been ticketed will be rebooked on to the next available flight. For ticketed passengers and groups, the following will apply:
- SAA will rebook pax between JNB and LLW.
- SAA has re-accommodated reservations on to the next available flight in the same booking class.
- The booking owner can book ET between LLW and BLZ in the lowest available booking class.
- Change fees will be waived.
- Tickets must be re-issued on or before September 2.
- Tickets to be endorsed “INVOL Re-RRT due BLZ RUNWAY Closure/Date”.
- A full refund of the unused portion/ticket will only be considered once the aforementioned options have been considered.