The City of Tshwane will host the AERO 2022 General Aviation Exhibition over three days from July 7-9 at Wonderboom National Airport.
The exhibition is Africa’s largest general aviation trade show and covers the full spectrum of services and products for the aviation industry.
The City of Tshwane aims to become the de-facto aerospace hub in Africa. In 2019 the first successful launch of AERO South Africa welcomed over 4 200 visitors with over 100 exhibitors showcasing the industry’s latest innovations from 14 aviation sectors.
At the 2019 inaugural event, 35 international companies exhibited.
The exhibition showcases tailor-made offerings to businesses and clients in the general aviation sector. The three-day event will offer the following opportunities to Tshwane SMMEs, general aviation businesses and clients:
- Exposure for young people planning careers in aviation;
- Strengthen business relationships between local and international general aviation businesses;
- Job opportunities for local SMMEs in supply chain services such as food vending, hospitality and catering;
- Create a platform for businesses in the aviation sector to showcase the latest aviation products and services in the industry;
- Offer a first-hand experience with a demo-flight to prospective buyers; and
- Provide space to park and sell pre-owned aircraft for display to potential buyers.
In an effort to enhance the visitor experience at AERO 2022, the following initiatives will also be on offer:
- Collaboration with the Beer Association of South Africa to offer a ‘beer tasting lounge’, which will be made up of Tshwane-based craft beer producers that form part of the Tshwane beer route. Visitors to the show will be able to buy their favourite craft beers;
- The Tshwane Safari experience – with the Dinokeng Game Reserve safari activation, it will promote sales for safari experiences to be taken up either during or after the expo for interested attendees;
- Tshwane Welcome/Guest relations service desk will offer a visitor information service for expo exhibitors and attendees. Through this desk there’ll be tour companies on stand-by at the airport for ‘quick city tour opportunities’ that might arise during the expo.
Based on the success of the 2019 AERO event, the City of Tshwane has partnered with Messe Frankfurt South Africa to host three consecutive events from 2022-2024 in support of the general aviation sector in the region through maximising Wonderboom National Airport as an aviation asset.
Attendance to AERO 2022 Expo is free. Click on the link below and register to attend: