Tourism Investment Africa 360 (TIA360) has partnered with Invest Durban, Durban Tourism and the Durban Chamber of Commerce and Industry to implement a Business Retention and Expansion (BR&E) programme for tourism businesses in the eThekwini Metropolitan area.
Sindile Xulu, CEO of TIA360 – a Level 1 Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) company – explained that a BR&E programme was internationally recognised as a tool to promote the retention and growth of local businesses
“The purpose of the programme is to find sustainable solutions for companies in the tourism sector that have been adversely affected by the lockdown,” explained Xulu.
To highlight how BR & E could be used as a key part of a company’s economic recovery intervention, the TIA360 team and their partners are hosting a webinar to help empower Durban tourism businesses.
“While our primary focus is on businesses in Durban, the value of the programme could be applied across the KwaZulu Natal province and indeed anywhere in South Africa and across the continent,” said Xulu.
“Most importantly we would like businesses and governments (at all levels) to ultimately implement effective interventions.”
- Empower tourism business owners by increasing their understanding and appreciation of BR&E.
- Provide Durban tourism businesses with the opportunity to use the BR&E programme to revive their businesses.
- Build a database.
- Begin a series of dialogue within the tourism investment ecosystem.
- Establish a foundation for informed interventions
Who should attend?
- Tourism businesses in Durban – they are the key drivers of the economic sector. They build value and wealth, create jobs and impact people’s lives and livelihoods.
- Government and business leadership in Durban – government has a mandate to lead and implement critical interventions
- Tourism industry stakeholders – all have a crucial role in the ecosystem
- Government and policymakers – to assist with innovation, new knowledge and new thinking
- Media – to enhance the dialogue, share information and inspire invested communities, businesses and society.
When, where, how?
This proudly female-led organisation represents decades of experience in, and understanding of, a range of sectors from tourism and investment, to academia and research, marketing, the arts, and business.