Tourism Update Editor, Adele Mackenzie, will be interviewed on SAfm on Saturday morning (January 15) on how the tourism industry performed over the festive season.
And, as usual, we’d like to get industry’s input on some of the questions below:
- How was your business affected by the travel bans ahead of the festive season?
- Were you able to get back some of the international bookings lost once the UK and some other countries dropped their travel bans against South Africa?
- Did last-minute domestic bookings help you recoup some of your losses?
- And in general, have domestic/regional bookings been helpful in helping your business survive?
- Aside from travel bans, what were the barriers to travel and how can they be addressed going forward?
- What is the outlook for the year for your business?
We will include your comments in a more in-depth story on Tourism Update next week.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your answers to the above and any other comments you may have – before 16h00 on Friday (January 14).