Remote COVID testing is now available in Zambia, with logistics company, Zambian Ground Handlers (ZGH), offering a door-to-door service for the tourism industry.
ZGH will hand-deliver all hard-copy results, along with the Ministry of Health authorisation that is required to leave Zambia, to clients in time for their international departure.
For guests spending time in Lusaka, at the end of their trip each test will cost US$100. There is a once-off cost of $120 for facilitation and transfers, which will cover up to five people.
In South Luangwa clients will be swabbed either in camp or at the Mfuwe Clinic and the samples sent to Lusaka for processing. This will cost $250 per person.
In the Lower Zambezi region, a nurse will be flown in to conduct the swabs which will be processed in Lusaka.
The costs for this are as follows:
1 person $950
2 people $550 per person
3 people $450 per person
4 people $375 per person
Larger families and groups will be quoted on an ad-hoc basis
In Livingstone the cost will be $220 per person.
Remote testing is possible in the Kafue National Park but costs and logistics will vary depending upon where the client is located.
What are the testing requirements for Zambia?
- Zambia is open to all foreign visitors.
- Arrivals must have a certificate of a negative COVID-19 test that has been conducted within 72 hours of arriving in Zambia.
- Arrivals will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms upon entry and are required to adhere to standard COVID-19 infection mitigation protocols like social distancing, wearing face masks, and personal hygiene for the duration of their stay in Zambia.
- Visitors will be asked to monitor themselves daily for two weeks post-arrival in Zambia for coronavirus symptoms and, if they start showing signs, report to the nearest health facility.
- Visitors leaving Zambia will need to produce a negative COVID-19 test certificate only when flying with an airline or to a destination that requires such a certificate.
- Mandatory quarantine is not required, unless a tourist is exhibiting signs of COVID-19 infection, in which case, they will have to quarantine for 14 days.