New Seychelles Minister of Tourism
The Seychelles welcomed its new Minister of Foreign Affairs and Tourism, Sylvestre Radegonde, who was sworn in on November 16.
Radegonde was Chairman and Chief Executive of the Seychelles Tourism Board from 2005 to 2006 and spent the past three years in Paris as ambassador. He holds a Masters in diplomatic studies from the University of Westminster and has extensive background in International Relations, Political Affairs and Diplomacy.
Speaking on his new appointment, Radegonde said diplomacy also encompassed the promotion of the destination and that during the pandemic it was essential to join resources, and that the embassies and STB should work together whenever possible.
New Tshwane Tourism Association board elected
A new TTA board was elected by association members at a recent meeting at the SANBI Pretoria National Botanical Gardens.
The new team are geared up to continue to address the current COVID-19 challenges and work together with TTA members to focus on a proactive recovery process and continue to interact with government and the private sector to encourage the growth of tourism
Newly appointed members are:
- MD of the Manhattan Hotel, Nico Rowan, Chairperson.
- GM CSIR International Convention Centre, Bronwen Cadle de Ponte, Meeting and Event Chapter and Vice-Chair.
- GM of City Lodge Hotel Hatfield, Abia Rakoma, Treasurer.
- CEO of Casa Toscana Lodge, Annet Burden, Corporate Social Investment.
- Founder of the Hauweng Tourism for All Society, Beulah Mosupye, Supplier to Industry Chapter.
- Owner of Villa San Giovani and Eat In Italian Restaurants, Christian Maiorana, Restaurant Chapter.
- From the South African National Biodiversity Institute, Craig Allenby, Attractions Chapter.
- MD of Supreme Travel, Didintle Modingoane, Travel Agent and Tour Operator Chapter.
- Regional Operations Manager for Mangwanani African Spa, Nitasha Roopnarain, Spa Chapter.
- MD Capital Hotel School, Ronel Bezuidenhout, Education Chapter.
- Owner and Manager of 3@Marion Guest House and Pretoria Bucket List, Susan Marais, Accommodation Chapter.
- Founder and Director of Matebook Company, Tshifhiwa Makani, Digital and Marketing Chapter.