The African Tourism Leadership Awards (ATLA) adjudication committee has announced the finalists for 2019.
The committee was co-chaired by Judy Kepher-Gona, Executive Director of Kenya’s Sustainable Travel & Tourism Agenda, and Marina Novelli, Professor of Tourism and International Development, and Responsible Futures, Academic Lead at the University of Brighton, UK.
The ceremony will be held at the close of the 2019 Africa Tourism Leadership Forum, held from August 27-29, under the theme: Stimulating intra-Africa travel through thought leadership.
The finalists for each category are as follows:
- Leading in progressive policies – Botswana Ministry responsible for Tourism, Rwanda Tourism Development Board, Ghana Tourism Authority;
- Outstanding Entrepreneurship Award – CAM Consulting Group (South Africa), WeMove Technologies Ltd (Nigeria), Wojo Ghana (Ghana)
- Women in Leadership – Elcia Grandcourt (Seychelles), Francine Zana (South Africa), Belise Kariza (Rwanda)
- Innovative Business Tourism Destination – Cape Town and Western Cape, Ghana Tourism Authority, Kigali City (Rwanda)
- Outstanding Accommodation – Mantis Collection (South Africa), Azalai Hotel Group (Mali), Wilderness Safaris (Botswana)
- Outstanding Tourism Transportation – Ethiopian Airlines, Mango Airlines, Avis South Africa
- Outstanding Africa Tourism Media – Rainmaker Digital (Namibia and South Africa), Voyages Afriq (Ghana), Pen it Multi Media Limited (Nigeria)
- Championing Sustainability – African Wildlife Foundation (Kenya), African Parks (South Africa), Mantis Collection (South Africa)