Conceptual tourism development planning has been undertaken for Maputo Special Reserve. This includes tourism development facilities that include 4x4 trails, campsites and rest camps that will offer chalets in the two- to three-star market.
Funding for the development of the tourism infrastructure has been secured through a co-financing partnership agreement between the Ministry of Land, Environment and Rural Development (MITADER) and Peace Parks Foundation (PPF).
The National Administration for Conservation Areas (ANAC) hereby invites Expressions of Interest (EoIs) from operators, companies, joint-venture partnerships and others that would like to apply to operate the following:
Applicants that express interest should demonstrate the following:
- Background of the organisation and proven relevant experience in tourism operation management, preferably in remote conservation areas.
- Existing marketing linkages, platforms and distribution channels in the region.
- Capacity and understanding of tourism operations management in Mozambique, or a willingness to partner with organisations that can demonstrate this capacity.
- Capacity to provide experienced management for the facility.
- Willingness and capacity to employ and train local persons for employment at the facility.
- Capacity to commit investment to back-of-house and operator storage facilities; furnishings, fittings and equipment; and operational resources for the facilities as well as availability of financing for marketing and operating expenditure.
Please note that failure to provide the information listed above may lead to applicants not being selected for the Request for Proposal phase.
Interested parties can obtain further information and request detailed application documents from the Bid Officers by contacting (+258) 21 302 362 or emailing the following email addresses: Mohamed.Harun@gmail.com and Talexander@peaceparks.org.
All emails should be copied to both Bid Officers.