In response to market demand, Airlink will introduce capacity to its Johannesburg-Richards Bay services from September 17.
The carrier will introduce one of its new 74-seat Embraer 170 E-Jets on the midday flights, and from October 1 on the afternoon flights, which will offer customers enhanced comfort and generous seat pitch.
The cabin layout features two-two abreast seating, large windows and ample overhead bin space. Every seat offers either a window or an aisle option.
Flights operate Monday to Friday, and Sundays, as follows:
- Depart Johannesburg (OR Tambo International Airport) at 11h35 – arrive in Richards Bay at 12h40.
- Depart Richards Bay at 13h10 – arrive in Johannesburg at 14h15.
- Depart Johannesburg at 15h20 – arrive in Richards Bay at 16h30.
- Depart Richards Bay at 17h00 – arrive in Johannesburg at 18h05.
The 29-seat Jetstream 41 will continue to operate the early-morning flight, Monday to Saturday, as follows:
- Depart Johannesburg at 07h00 – arrive in Richards Bay at 08h15.
- Depart Richards Bay at 08h45 – arrive in Johannesburg at 10h10.
“Airlink looks forward to setting a new standard for business, leisure travellers and international tourists using its services on the route,” said the airline in a statement.