2019 will see two of South Africa’s iconic tourist experiences join together to take travellers on an uber-luxurious journey.
Stars of Sandstone is recognised as the world’s most diversified steam and heritage transport festival, based in the Eastern Free State, and the addition of the Blue Train to the itinerary brings an internationally celebrated luxurious element to the four-day festival, which runs from April 3-6, 2019. The Blue Train has 26 suites, all with breathtaking views of the diverse South African landscape.
The three-night, four-day Blue Train indulgence to Stars of Sandstone 2019 takes guests on a whirlwind experience of Ficksburg and Grootdraai, with two days’ entrance to Stars of Sandstone 2019 plus shuttle service between the Blue Train and the festival. Gourmet breakfasts, brunches, lunches, dinners and high teas will feed guests’ indulgent side; while excursions to the Stars of Sandstone will bring the sights, sounds and experiences of vintage cars and aircraft, tractors, steam engines, military vehicles, and the Sandstone team of 24 working Afrikaner oxen pulling Voortrekker wagons.
The excursion includes:
- Three nights’ accommodation on The Blue Train from Pretoria Station to Sandstone Estates return
- Snacks, drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), cognac and Cuban cigars
- Blue Train gifts and butler service on the train
- Two days’ entrance to Stars of Sandstone 2019 plus shuttle service between the Blue Train and the festival
- Excluded: French Champagne, caviar, purchases from the boutique shop, telephone calls on the Blue Train and any purchases/extras at Stars of Sandstone